View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I haven't clicked on anyone's link but why would we pay 1.5 mil plus for UFA's to be on our bottom 6 when we have plaenty of young ELC's to play there. I also highly doubt Connolly if not traded for a Bernier/Schneider is sent to the AHL. I seen some proposals where we also signed 3 D, we will resign our 3 D in Lee/Aullie/Mik for much less than 3 UFA's. I don't think we sign more than 2 new players, I see a bottom 6 C and a top 4 D, besides a goalie if we don't trade for one.
ELC's would probably be better served getting time in the AHL, especially as defensemen, who tend to need a bit more time in the oven. The exception, to me, is Mark Barberio who is still on his ELC, and deserving of getting a chance in camp to prove it's his time to be there. He just turned 22, so he's realistically only got another year or two to show that he's going to make it.

Although I would agree that $1.5m feels like too much, but that's the market these days, and it's not so out of order when you consider that Boucher likes to mix-and-match defensemen.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 04-29-2012 at 08:45 AM.