View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 10:28 AM
CerebralGenesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
I say forfeit the pick and get it over with. The Devils are in the second round now, I think this team is only going to get better next year too
Wouldn't that mean we should keep this pick then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I say yes, but that`s probably just a wishful thinking.

As for the draft I see the talent dropoff around the 23rd spot.

Depends. I still think it`s better to stack up the talent and wait till 2014 no matter what happens between now and then.
Yep. I always say that you'd rather pay your tax as late as possible barring something happening. That should stand here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
There's a time value to draft picks. A pick this year, all else being equal, is more valuable than a pick next year.

I think if the Devils don't advance this round then the Devils will keep the pick.
Yep which is why I'm confused why people would be interested in dumping the #18 pick potentially.

Pretty obvious which side of the fence I'm on. Dumping the pick to say we should get it over with is negligent. We'll lose the pick eventually so you should make sure it has the least amount of impact whether you want to forget about it or not. I'm hoping this team continues to progress even with cash issues and the pick position should reflect that.

Things that change my opinion:

1) We win this round against Philthy
2)Not that we'd ever know, but if Conte & Co. really love a prospect coming up in a few years and don't find anyone around their pick to be worth a selection.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote