View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 11:10 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Wings fan here, definitely rooting for the Blueshirts to take the Cup w/ the Wings out of commission.

Question for the esteemed Rangers fans on this board- what interest would a guy like Valtteri Filppula create for the NYR? Really good 2-way game, can play C or LW, good PK, 28 yrs old, coming off his best offensive season. Full disclosure- he'll be a UFA after next year, cap hit for next season is only $3 million. I'm sure the Wings brass like this guy, but we have a LOT of forwards at his size and style of play either on the roster now, or on the way up, and he seems to be one of the best trading chips we have.

There are a LOT of guys on the Rangers that would really help the Wings retool for next year. Dubinsky would be a buy-low option for us, coming off his poor year this year (although I wished he was on the ice when Weber slammed Zetterberg's head into the glass in game 1 of the QF- we wouldn't have needed to wait for a half-assed "fight" from Bertuzzi in game 2 for an answer). Hagelin and Anisimov would be fantastic too.

Some posters on the Wings board were pitching Fil for Dub/AA + Hagelin/Erixon/MDZ, which I thought would be a terrible deal for the Rangers (think we'd have to add a big piece to Fil to make that happen). Anyway, curious what you guys think the Rangers would give up for Fil- feel free to make it multiple Wings/prospects/picks coming to NY if it makes sense.
Off topic but awesome avatar.

You take sugar?

No Turkish, I'm sweet enough

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote