Thread: Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 1
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Tell me if y'all agree with this or not. Winning yesterday was such an important win and I think it's been understated actually. Our winning puts a ton of pressure on Caps to win on Monday. I truly believe if we win Game 2, this is going to be a short series much to the shock and chagrin of all the many haters out there. We've been an awesome road team this year and have gone into hostile territory numeours times when even we as a fanbase had some doubts if the boys could pull it out and we came out on top majority of the times.

I have no doubt that we'll snag one of the two in D.C hence why tomorrow is crucial. We win tomorrow, I think this series goes 5(not delusional enough to think we can sweep). We lose, I think we are looking at very likely a 7 gamer. With their goaltending in flux and Holtby, I don't care how mentally tough he's supposed to be, he has to be questioning himself for giving up 3 softies. The coaching staff is going to have a short leash for him too as you have to believe we'll be seeing Neuverth if even one more softie gets by Holtby. Not saying we won't win series if we don't win but tomorrow due to our winning yesterday, IMO is easily THE most important game of the series and we can do ourselves a huge favor if we truly are going to make a long playoff run. Caps will be much better for certain. We just need to weather the storm and I truly believe we can eek another one out based on our huge goaltending advantage.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote