View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 02:01 PM
nyrfan1026

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Dubinsky has not played like a top 6 forward this year, no one is debating that. However, you do not win anything in the playoffs without depth. When Callahan was injured last year or the year when Avery and Drury were non-factors vs the Penguins should still resonate how you need bodies that can contribute in other ways.

Dubinsky looked like a solid third liner towards the end of the Sens series, he was doing well on faceoffs, killing penalties, set up the Girardi goal, and doing what was asked of him. His lack of production offensively is disappointing, but I would rather have Boyle and Dubi come back, have Dubi centering a 4th line with Rupp and Anisimov than see Rupp-Mitchell-Eminger ever again.

Gaborik and MDZ were deemed done by many here, clearly they turned it around and it isn't like Dubi is old by any means. He may just be turning into a Vinny Prospal or Martin Rucinsky, a player who is hot one year awful the next, and so on. If that is the case Dubi is going to have a solid year next year or he will be traded over the summer.

I want him back for the playoffs, heal up and come back soon Dubi!
Therein lies the problem. Well, not the problem I necessarily have with him, but our bi-polar over-reactionary brethren that lurk around these parts.

You have to think if this team is to make a serious run, Dubinsky will be making a big play along the way. And I'm not talking about the series winning assist in Game 7.

I still have some hope for him, but I am sick of hearing his generic "its a new slate/season". Time to put up or shut up. He's quickly playing his way out of town and he's running out of chances to prove his worth as $4 million plus player, though.

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote