View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Tuco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Again, I disagree. Mattias reminds me of another former panthers center, under appreciated here until he left and had a pretty good and long career including a stanley cup. Niedermayer. Also a guy fans wnated to see score but not all players are meant to score 30 goals.

Jovo is overpaid, I agree, but so is pretty much everyone we got this offseason becaseu we had to overpay to get them. Does he make mistakes? yes, so do all of our defensemen, but when the chips were down he played solid and physical and his leadership is very valuable. It is no coincidence that for many reasons we had our worst play during the season when he was out. I will welcome him back and although I would have preferred a three year contract instead of four, I am happy to have him here and see him retire a panther. For example, Clarkson, a very physical player who scored 30 goals was virtually eliminated by Jovo in the series, physically and on the scoreboard.

We can continue to disagree but I believe you are missing the little things in the game, the things that are not so easy to notice things that usually make the difference. All three of these players bring that and we need more on this team not less.
Again, very well put Slick. We have very little physicalty on this team as a whole. Jovo and Guds totally showed their value against NJ. Think J17 has the start of the season in his mind.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote