Thread: Club Hockey
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
ausername1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcell View Post
Was this your first year ever playing hockey in any format? I know you mentioned first for ice, but maybe you played roller. If it was your first year of hockey, I think it's really awesome that you decided to pick it up while you're in college. I know I'm going to need some help from the guys on my team, and I'm really glad to hear your teammates were so helpful. If you and I are willing to make the effort, why wouldn't they help! haha
Yep, my first time ever playing any kind of hockey. I loved the sport since I can remember but the town I grew up in really had no opportunities of any kind for hockey (ice or otherwise) and the closest place that did was about 2hrs away so starting earlier wasn't an option. Starting in college may be a little late but I'm really glad I did though! I definitely plan to keep playing for as long as I'm able to.
You're right, as long as we're putting in the effort, I don't see why they wouldn't want to help. The only reason someone has to be mad is if you use being new as excuse to not try your hardest; there might be the occasional jerk who gets frustrated with you but they're probably a jerk in all aspects of life and not just on the ice-and I'm willing to bet they're not that great at hockey either
So don't let anyone discourage you, just try your best and you'll do fine, I hope you have as much fun as I do!

ausername1 is offline   Reply With Quote