Thread: Speculation: 2012 Offseason Roster Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
ELC's would probably be better served getting time in the AHL, especially as defensemen, who tend to need a bit more time in the oven. The exception, to me, is Mark Barberio who is still on his ELC, and deserving of getting a chance in camp to prove it's his time to be there. He just turned 22, so he's realistically only got another year or two to show that he's going to make it.

Although I would agree that $1.5m feels like too much, but that's the market these days, and it's not so out of order when you consider that Boucher likes to mix-and-match defensemen.
Most of our top prospects on ELC's have already tore up the AHL. I see one of Connolly/Brown on Vinnys wing with Malone on the other. 3rd line of CC/Pyatt/Brown or Connolly, 4th line of Killorn/Thompson/Wyman or Wallace. We don't need to add any UFA's, maybe we can bring back Moore and move Pyatt to wing and put someone in the AHL. On D I see Lee on 2nd pair and a 3rd of Aullie/Mik/MAB, unless Barbero/Gudas have a great camp and earn a spot. All we'd have to add is a top 4 D and Goalie, with the space that the line up would have we could go after a Suter and any goalie we get will cost close to what Roli made.