View Single Post
Old
11-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Save percentage dictates how a goalie performs, and the fact that his is over .925 should say a lot. The kid has improved his game in the last couple of years and has gianed a lot of confidence. He handles the ouck extremely well and has got reflexes. He was his last 6 contests so it hink he should be up here with the rest. And no one has called me up on it because they know it's true. I'm not saying he's a top 3, but he is one of the game's best young stars...and he is also being looked at for the USA team so that should tell you something.
It isnt over .925. And its eight games played mate. Didnt he do this last year as well? Put together a hot streak and then below par the rest of the way. There are probably 50 goalies capable of putting a hot streak together. Zac Bierk had a sv pct over .930 in 16 games last year but nobody thinks he's a future goaltending star.

Phoenix fans know all about his USA appearances.. he played for them while he was here you know.. nothing new there. I like Esche.. he's a good guy and nobody cares more about the team than he does.. but I not sure he's a future starter let alone a future goaltending star. Part of what holds him back is the yips when he's really under pressure and that doesnt bode well for the playoffs either.

As for future stars.. I think Rangers have something special coming with Blackburn and Lundquist.