View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 09:44 PM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
This may be me just being a homer, but I can't see Voracek signing an offer sheet with anybody if we have a some trouble signing him. You can tell how much he loves it here and is getting his first taste at any kind of success. This just may result in us not being able to hold onto Jagr who even though has a reputation for following the money, I could see taking a discount to stick around another year because he seems to be enjoying himself.

As for trading one of the young forwards, I'd rather just keep this group together next year and re-tool a bit when Timonen's contract is up. We aren't in as much trouble as some people are making out to be. Coburn has really taken the next step and although he has been counted on heavily before, he has arguably been our most important defenseman through the first 7 games of these playoffs and he is taking it in stride. Meszaros is still fairly young and Grossman will be a member of this d-corps for years to come. Bourdon and Gustafsson have also shown some promise with their performances this season.

While it certainly is nice to have 1st round picks again, I'd have no problem using a few of them to get another top 4 dman in here because our track record isn't great developing dmen as it is and we won't need any forwards. While Read is already a good young player and on a hell of a contract, I'd rather deal him than Voracek or JVR because I believe Wellwood could produce similarly to him if given a chance. Saying that, lets just keep this forward core together for a few years if possible.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote