Old
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Man not to really jump into this argument too much but while John Carlson is a fine skater, he is not McDonagh's equal in that regard.

I think one thing that "hurts" McDonagh here is that he doesn't skate up the ice as much as a lot of players we consider to have great skating, and he's especially toned that down in the playoffs, probably because he doesn't want to make mistakes.

But he can skate it up the ice just as well as almost anyone when he wants to, as he has shown in the past. He is an excellent, excellent skater, he's just not an offensive defenseman who's using his skating all the time to skate through the neutral zone or set up offense
I think a lot of that is he simply doesn't HAVE to skate up the ice a lot.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote