Unofficial Rumor & Proposal Thread Part IX: Draft day moves, and beyond
View Single Post
04-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Originally Posted by
1) We're arguing semantics and it really doesn't matter. 5M in salary or cap hit for 2 year isn't a hindrance for us.
2) Agree to disagree. I think it is worth rolling the dice on him. It is something a classy organization would do rather than just toss their guy to the wind.
3) You keep saying this and it isn't true. Here are his last 4 seasons
11/12- 69gp, 36p
10/11- 47gp, 42p
09/10- 22gp, 22p
08/09- 72gp, 66p
Out of his last 4, I would say he's has 1 bad season(coming off surgery), 2 injury plagued ones where he was still good when he played, and a good season.
4) You are so quick to write Hemsky off for a lack of points this year, but Hartikainen, who scored 32p in 51 AHL games and 5p in 17 NHL ones is ready to take over? I disagree quite vehemently.
5) Hemsky's shoulders are supposed to be repaired and he was looking like his old self near the end of the season. Should we also trade away Hall and Yakupov because they might get injured?
6) Yes it is a matter of opinion, but your's seems light on facts. Hartikainen and Paajarvi are not ready to make Hemsky redundant and I think you'd find few that agree with your opinion on that.
Another thing to consider is he was 15th out of all wingers in ppg since the lockout coming into this season. Do you know who was immediatly behind him? Rick Nash, the 8 million dollar franchise player.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Eskimo44