View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 07:47 AM
IceCapsFanNL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
what exactly is wrong here? yeah, most chl players don't go on to play pro. most ahl players don't go on to the nhl. yes, the level of play in the ahl is higher. that doesn't mean its more exciting or better to watch. its largely boring robots who are dying to get out of st.john's.

Level of play is higher pretty much means it is more exciting. Boring robots?? It hasn't been boring once this season. Players dying to get out of St. John's? How is that different from some fellow playing in Rimouski? You don't think he'd rather be in Montreal, or dare I say St. John's or Binghamton?

Quote:
i saw claude giroux, who might be the best player in the world right now. i saw kris letang. i saw jacob voracek. a year earlier, we would have seen sidney crosby. with a q team now, we'd see nathan mckinnon, though st.john's hockey fans have no idea who he is and wouldn't care to see him.
I saw no one in the three years the Fog Devils were here. A fan can't count on having a Crosby or a Schiefele at all.

Quote:
its just weird that st.john's seems to be the only city in canada where the ahl is incredibly popular. everyone else like junior hockey much better. there's a reason we see junior hockey on tv almost weekly, we see the entire memorial cup, and we see the wjc.
Frankie keeps fall back on this arguement which basically is, "How come people in St. John's aren't smart enough to recognize how much better the CHL is as a league." He is inferring that other Canadians, and himself of course, are smart enough to get it and we are not.

I am old enough to have recognized a long time ago that Newfoundlanders are different from other Canadians in innumerable ways.

We aren't going to agree on this at all, but I'll sum up by saying that the local fans are voting with their wallets. Frankies preference was rejected by the fans, my preference is being enthusiastically embraced by the community.

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote