View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 10:09 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
If we score 2/3rds to 3/4ths the goals of this series between the two best defensive teams, I would call that "dominating." The Kings should do that since their talent level is another level above St. Louis. Both of our teams were playing terrible earlier this season and then there was a coaching change for both. But LA also introduced a lot more talent on all of the lines. Penner came back. King and Nolan came up. Voynov, who many fans here think is better, replaced Johnson. Brown and Kopitar upped their game, especially Brown...possibly due to his name going around in trade rumors. Richards got healthy again (although he seems hurt again). And obviously we acquired Carter to finish our lines.

The Blues got McDonald and Steen back. If we played another full season right now, I don't think it would surprise many in the NHL if we now had a better record than St. Louis. St. Louis needs a first line before they're our equal in talent. When you have a real first line, your previous first line now matches up with the opponents second line. If you do that and your opponent doesn't, you should dominate them.

And I'm not even going to talk about Quick vs. the career backup Elliott.

- R
.><.
You say we upped the skill level of our team, then list Penner, King and Nolan as the first three reasons why?

Give your head a shake. The Blues and Kings are pretty much equally able to win, play a very similar style and are designed to win hardfought games 2-1. The lone glaring edge we have is Quick, who looks better than Elliott or Halak IMO.

Should we win this series? Yes, I think so. But if you think we "should" dominate, you are drinking to much of your own kool-aid. This will be a hardfought series and will be very close in all likelihood.

Btw, the fact the Blues got Steen and MacDonald back is very significant. Steen was on pace for nearly 30 goals this year and MacDonald was on pace for about 70 points. They are, offensively, like our Justin Williams and Dustin Brown. I'd take those additions anyday over King, Noland and Penner. There's a reason MacDonald is the teams leading playoff point getter.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote