Thread: Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part II)
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 09:09 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
I was at the X that night so I didn't contribute to page 1, but I wasn't high on the Brodin pick then and still now (would have picked Murphy instead). To me, last year isn't the progression we needed to see. And it's the case with Granlund too. Both guys are basically the same players that we drafted. The improvement has been relatively small. You want real progression? Look up Larsson, Bulmer, or Leddy.
I don't know if it's a matter of progression with Brodin as he was already NHL ready according to our scouts. His biggest problems were size and assertiveness. The assertiveness issue is probably well on its way to disappearing as he skates top minutes on his pro club. Size...he's how old?

People keep praising Leddy for some reason. He isn't horrible, but he isn't that great either (as far as "progression" goes). A lot of Hawks fans this year were complaining that he wasn't as sheltered this year as he should be at this stage in his development--i don't think we'll have to shelter Brodin at all. Leddy certainly isn't a bust, but he isn't anything to pine after either.