Thread: Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part II)
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Brodin still has a boy's body, but he thinks the game like a 35 year old vet. When he actually matures, the guy is going to be light-out.

I know the Lindstrom name gets thrown around a lot, but that guy knew you didn't need to unload a slap-shot every time the puck comes to you in order to create goals. A simple wrist shot on net can do just as much damage. Brodin is like that too.
I also like Lidstrom's slap shot. He doesn't bring it back until his stick hits the rafters like Heatley's shot. He keeps it short and compact. Lidstrom saves a good amount of time when only losing about 4-7% of his full power when doing this. But to shoot when the defense is still shifting rather than them set and read to block the shot, is just an enormous advantage. This skill is higher underrated. If Brodin can develop this, that would be absolutely huge. Lidstrom has never had an overpowering shot, which gives me hope that Brodin can someday do this. This is something that is very coachable, but a hot commodity.

I, honestly, don't care too much about Brodin's weight right now. Lidstrom was drafted at about 175. His rookie card weight says 180, 6'2". Either he shrunk in his 20s, or he has been 6'1" his entire career. Brodin is the same height and I can't see him losing weight anytime soon. Its the end of a long season for him and I expect him to be up to at least 180-5 by the start of training camp. He has the same sleight body as Lidstrom. If we get half of Lidstrom, that would nice.