View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 11:49 AM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum View Post
Not to be rude, but could someone please change the title of the thread re: spelling of Yakupov's name? Slightly embarrassing to have a lengthy discussion about a potential Number One pick and mangle his name.

For the record- I am in the camp of "trade Hemsky" despite the poor optics, and trading low theories.

- Yakupov duplicates Hemsky in position 5-5 and on the PP ( half wall).
- Put Yakupov in a position to make a major impact, playing 1B/2A to our number one RW Eberle. Get rid of the prospect of dropping to the third line if Hemsky starts playing well.
- Remove any of the temptations of playing Yakupov out of position- a la failed Cole to LW disaster.

If our aim is to rebuild then commit to the process. Build with youth and surround them with beneficial players, not players who threaten their position and push them down the order.
1st yes I will change the spelling.
2nd I agree with the point on Cole and pushing our young players down in the order. That is what happened to PRV this year. We got Smyth and it left no place to play him to the point where he sat a lot and was playing on the 3rd and 4th line when he should of played on the 1st or 2nd line. It pissed me off all season, they would put PRV on one of the top 2 lines to start the game but not give him a chance.