View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
Are you expecting Bjugstad to return to Minnesota for another year? He will be 20 so he can play in the AHL. Howden and McFarland are both 20 now also and I believe Donskoi is also. Do you think any or all of them end up in San Antonio next year with Shore and Petrovic?
Bjugstad has said he'll make his decision after finals (mid-May) regarding whether he stays at UM another year or not. Howden will be pro next season, no question, but whether it's in San Antonio or south Florida, I don't know. McFarland is tricky. He missed the last half of the season with a shoulder injury, but I doubt the Panthers will return him to Ottawa for an overage year. He'll very likely be in San Antonio. Donskoi (as mentioned by others above) will definitely be in Europe next season.

Still, San Antonio should be an incredibly fun team to watch next season. Markstrom will be gone so goaltending may be a question, but they'll have some serious speed and talent up front and a full year of Petrovic will have opponents freaking out when they try to enter the SA zone.

It's a good time to be a Rampage fan.