Old
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Valanciunas has me excited. I hated the pick when we made it, at the time I thought "here we go again, another soft euro." But I couldn't be more wrong, since I started watching his highlights and following him, guy is an absolute beast. Playing against men in one of Europe's strongest leagues as a 19 year old C. He's developed quite well this year. And he could turn out to be the best player out of the 2011 draft. If he was a prospect in the 2012 draft, he would go top 3 IMO, and contend with Anthony Davis for the #1 overall this year. And I'm not just being a homer in thinking this, I saw a thread on realgm about that topic, and the consensus seemed to be that he would go #2 behind Davis in this year's draft.

Throw in another top 8 pick this year, coupled with potential FA signings due to plenty of cap space, and this team will be a playoff team next year. Colangelo gets a lot of hate, but he's building it right this time.
ESPN's Chad Ford said that he absolutely believes that Valanciunas would be the #2 prospect in this draft behind only Davis if he were eligible for this year. Just about every team in the league would kill for a legitimately 7 foot tall physical center with a fairly well-rounded skill set.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 45 GP, 17-21-7 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.