Foster Hewitt Divisonal Finals: Inglewood vs. Australia
View Single Post
04-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Join Date: May 2007
And that's it for me, I realize this may be the end of the road for me, but here are a few reasons why I believe the Australia Mighty Roos could upset the Inglewood Jacks.
- Better goaltending, a proven starter in the post-season who played substantially better in the playoffs
, and has the ability to steal a game.
- Good chemistry throughout the team, all four lines able to play responsible defensive hockey, all while being offensive threats, namely the top-six.
- A series of centre/left wing combinations that can attempt to shut down the Jacks' superstar duo, Gretzky and Kurri. (Lewis/Fedorov, Lambert/Holik and Berlinguette/Sanderson)
- Best defenseman in the series,
who will play at his best defensively to try and shut down Gretzky to the best of his ability.
- Coaching that fits the style of the team, allowing them to play a tight-checking, defensive game of hockey, while also being able to chip in offensively.
- A much stronger defensive group than the opposition, that will eventually wear them down.
- A team built for the playoffs, all of Australias' key players were known to elevate or maintain their play in the post-season, that resulted in an collective 47 Stanley Cups, and a total of 71 Finals appearances.
Best of luck to you, arrbez.
If anybody has any questions for me, I will answer them before voting begins.
Last edited by Velociraptor: 04-30-2012 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Velociraptor