View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

vCash: 500
And that's it for me, I realize this may be the end of the road for me, but here are a few reasons why I believe the Australia Mighty Roos could upset the Inglewood Jacks.

- Better goaltending, a proven starter in the post-season who played substantially better in the playoffs, and has the ability to steal a game.
- Good chemistry throughout the team, all four lines able to play responsible defensive hockey, all while being offensive threats, namely the top-six.
- A series of centre/left wing combinations that can attempt to shut down the Jacks' superstar duo, Gretzky and Kurri. (Lewis/Fedorov, Lambert/Holik and Berlinguette/Sanderson)
- Best defenseman in the series, Denis Potvin who will play at his best defensively to try and shut down Gretzky to the best of his ability.
- Coaching that fits the style of the team, allowing them to play a tight-checking, defensive game of hockey, while also being able to chip in offensively.
- A much stronger defensive group than the opposition, that will eventually wear them down.
- A team built for the playoffs, all of Australias' key players were known to elevate or maintain their play in the post-season, that resulted in an collective 47 Stanley Cups, and a total of 71 Finals appearances.

Best of luck to you, arrbez.

If anybody has any questions for me, I will answer them before voting begins.

Last edited by Velociraptor: 04-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote