View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
All 3 have played in the playoffs.

The only reason 1 of them is getting to play at a time is because Gabriel Bourque (whom I would argue would have 10+ goals had he played the entire season) and Brandon Yip (hard working grinder that has compromising photos of Trotz) are outworking them in the lineup. Plus the addition of A. Kostitsyn, A. Radulov, and P. Gaustad.
All three have played in playoffs? Okay, they have each had one game, you know what my statement was.
I would argue also that some of the veterans ( Legwand, SK, and Radulov) especially have made numerous defensive mistakes and turnovers that if any one of Smith, Halischik, and Wilson were to make.......they are done.
Don't tell me SK is too important on the PK either, because Halischuk can be just as effective on the PK.
SK has been awful since a month before playoffs started. 2 points in last 19 or so games and defensively scary 5 on 5.
I am sure Trotz decided before the start of post season, who he was going to go with, and that is fine. He is probably incredibly frustrated with the majority of his players at this point, but believes he has the right combination to win? Hope they can turn it around next game or he will be under some scrutiny.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote