View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
All three have played in playoffs? Okay, they have each had one game, you know what my statement was.
I would argue also that some of the veterans ( Legwand, SK, and Radulov) especially have made numerous defensive mistakes and turnovers that if any one of Smith, Halischik, and Wilson were to make.......they are done.
Don't tell me SK is too important on the PK either, because Halischuk can be just as effective on the PK.
SK has been awful since a month before playoffs started. 2 points in last 19 or so games and defensively scary 5 on 5.
I am sure Trotz decided before the start of post season, who he was going to go with, and that is fine. He is probably incredibly frustrated with the majority of his players at this point, but believes he has the right combination to win? Hope they can turn it around next game or he will be under some scrutiny.
They have each had one game? Wrong.

Halischuk - 3 games
Smith - 2 games
Wilson - 1 game

and add Tootoo in at 1 game.

Like I said, they are rotating positions.

I think the only solid argument out there is to sit Yip to try to get more offensive production in there...but having said that, those 4 have combined for 2 points in 7 games...the same as Yip.

I tend to agree with Halischuk needing to play more...but Halischuk is definitely a bottom 6 guy and brings nowhere near the offensive upside as Kostitsyn, hustle or not. You also have the minutes issue. SK is averaging 17 minutes right now...and if you replace him with Halischuk (averaging just over 6), you're going to have to make up that time somewhere. Even if Hali plays 11-12 minutes, someone is going to have to eat up the rest of that time. That's simply not just a bottom line player switch. It's a lot more complicated than that.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote