View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
regard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
It wouldn't make sense for them, but that's the only player on that team I'd want back.
Yeah most likely.
Maybe something could be done with Gleason, Faulk, Dalpe but I cant think of any "quality" package too promising to make it worth it for us.

Regardless of what the media decides to harp on all offseason I still think if Staal wanted to leave it would be to play for a team like Buffallo, Toronto, maybe Nashville, Florida...etc. A team that can be competitive and can use insert him right into one of the top 6 and onto the top PP. (Obviously he cant choose where hes traded to but I'm assuming Shero would rather just keep him and a smart GM would want to know if Jordan will extend with them before giving up a worthy package.)

TSN and other outlets can look to stir up what they want but leaving the Crosby/Malkin shadow with wingers like Cooke/TK to be under the "Big brother Eric" shadow and play with Larose and Jokinen doesnt sound like enough of an upgrade to me. Especially on a team much less competitive. Hell if the realignment happens Carolina might never make the playoffs no matter how many Staals they have.