Thread: Speculation: 2012 Off Season Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
im probably going to catch heat for it but i like alexander semin. He is a pure sniper and even when he doesnt show up he can pot 25-30. As a star of this team he can pot 40+. It would be so nice to have a guy we can pass to and know he can snipe one to the back of the net.

I cant speak for his locker room presence but that might be the one major concern.
While I agree, I'd almost like to take Parise over Semin. I hate the Devils, but Parise has skill. Semin is great but very very streaky. I believe he's been demoted to 4th line right now in the post season, which is bad. We don't need to sign Semin, have him score 40 goals with us and then fall off in the post season when we need him. I don't know about his character and locker room presence is but I think it's risky.
With that being said,I do believe adding one of Parise/Semin to our lineup as well as Huberdeau will make this team sick. If Semin can step it up and become our superstar, then it'll be one hell of a team to beat. I just wonder what he'll ask for in free agency.