vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
They have each had one game? Wrong.

Halischuk - 3 games
Smith - 2 games
Wilson - 1 game

and add Tootoo in at 1 game.

Like I said, they are rotating positions.

I think the only solid argument out there is to sit Yip to try to get more offensive production in there...but having said that, those 4 have combined for 2 points in 7 games...the same as Yip.

I tend to agree with Halischuk needing to play more...but Halischuk is definitely a bottom 6 guy and brings nowhere near the offensive upside as Kostitsyn, hustle or not. You also have the minutes issue. SK is averaging 17 minutes right now...and if you replace him with Halischuk (averaging just over 6), you're going to have to make up that time somewhere. Even if Hali plays 11-12 minutes, someone is going to have to eat up the rest of that time. That's simply not just a bottom line player switch. It's a lot more complicated than that.
I don't think Yip needs to sit. My point began when the stats of how many forwards had 10+ goals and more than 30 points. The fact that 3 of them are not in the line up.
Also, I don't think Halischuk would fit in SK spot, but he could be replaced or moved down, and if Halischuk was dressed, he could cover his PK Time. That is all.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote