View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yes I think you are the only one. Lilja, Gustufsson, and MAB (when healthy) have done fine, but none of them are as good as Mez. I wouldn't rush him back and make him play hurt, but if he is 100%, put Lilja or Gustufsson in the pressbox.
idk. Lilja has played pretty good. his coverage has been solid, and his physical play in the corners has been an asset. Mez's physical play sometimes becomes a weakness. He applies his physical play at times when he shouldn't, such as pinching at the blueline to go for a hit and giving up the middle of the ice, and fails to recognize times when he should, such as a player wide open at the side of the net. He's also not the greatest positional defenseman, and doesn't have a very effective stick at all.

If Mez can come back 100% and be the Mez of last season, then i'm all for him taking Lilja's spot... but if he's being rushed back and if he starts the lackluster play he showed this past season? i say leave him out, unless we get into trouble and need a shakeup.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote