View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Seems to practice that at near the end of his pregame warm ups... takes a bunch of pucks, places hem in the cease and than one by one shoots them into the top of the net... Before that he takes a bunch to the right (of the goalie) face-off circle and blasts them in. He has other self specific drills that he does each warm-up also... The guy is always working on his game; that is a good tip-off on why they make him a mentor for the kids, IMO.

Please excuse my many post on Briere... but he fascinates me at times.
I was going to say the same thing. He blasts a ton of them short side. That little slap shot he does coming down the right wing that goes short side over the shoulder has always amazed me. That is a really difficult shot, and to see someone hit it with regularity is impressive.

Most impressive thing I've ever seen along the lines of drills was at practice. They were doing drills at one end of the ice, and Forsberg was standing right around the right dot. A puck came over to him, he got, turned and fired a wrist shot the length of the ice. Top shelf, right corner.

It was the effortlessness that was the most impressive thing about it.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote