View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
He really doesn't fit for now but perhaps we can trade him at the deadline for some assets. GMs are strange creatures, perhaps one of them is going to hand us a pick for him..

With some luck maybe he's going to bounce back and be useful (otherwise we'll trade him for better assets). He's in his early 30 ''crisis'' which many NHLers go trough. His body is slowing down and since he was (I assume) never a fitness freak that always relied on skills alone its starting to show. If he's serious about playing many more years he's going to put more effort in his conditioning and he might bounce back. He was a all star before after all...

There is also a pretty strong possibility that he doesn't really care anymore and we're going to be stuck with him floating on the third pairing eating some soft minutes. I think that is what most of us think (I do too, honestly) but we are all biased against him. We are bred to hate Leafs after all and he was even a Bruin one time.

Best case scenario for our defense if he bounces back -

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

A good UFA signings would add great depth too and bounce Diaz to 7th D. The passing skills of our top4 would be incredible and should really help offense and play in the neutral zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer
Kabs sucks defensively, I've seen warm butter put up more of a fight than he ever will and he looks out of shape for a NHL player.

He was still on pace with the habs for 40+ points iirc. That's more points on the backend from anyone on the team.
I think next year is really important for him. He needs to improve his conditioning and has been on a downward spiral the last two years and was visibly out of shape last season. Its not too late for him, he's not 39yr old

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote