View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 05:30 PM
  #735
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
just making sure i understand our position correctly, math is not my strong suit. we have a 3.9% of getting the third overall pick, correct?
It's about 3.5%, 4%, and 5% to move up to each of the top 3 spots respectively (in order). Because our record is tied with Golden State (who won the 7th spot because of the coin flip) what happens is the odds of the 7th and 8th spots to move up are combined and then averaged out between the two teams evenly (with GS getting a slight edge if the average doesn't produce an evenly distributable set of odds)

So just for the top pick, they take the 4.3% odds of the 7th pick, plus the 2.8% odds of the 8th pick (ours), add them together to make 7.1%, then cut that in half (3.55%, which is redistributed to be 3.6% for Golden State because they're 7th and 3.5% for us as we're 8th)

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline