View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soichiro View Post
I guess in my book dirty is dirty whether it's a bad hit, biting someones fingers, or sticking your fingers in someones mouth. As someone who follows the Canucks and watches him play regularly, it's evident that the rate at which he crosses the line is dramatically lower than it was earlier in his career and it's my argument that at his current rate he is no more guilty of being dirty than any other NHL player. Anyway, that's just the way I see it, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion on it and if you feel the way you do that's fine.

My underlying point was that Burrows is an excellent hockey player and I'm glad he's been given the opportunity to represent his country. To a guy making his way up from the ECHL it's something that I'm sure he would have never dreamed of 5 years ago. I think given the fact that he's never had this chance before (aside from in ball hockey, where is has won international championships) he'll be sure not to ruin it by doing anything that would reflect poorly on Canada.
I certainly hope you are right. That is my primary fear. I'd hate it if he lost it and ended some poor European kid's career in a fit of rage/stupidity. Because he definitely can be an effective player, when he isn't being a huge ******. If he can walk the line and get other teams off their game while providing good PK, he can be useful for us(although I can still think of a bunch of guys I'd prefer to have in that role). Hopefully Sutter won't be afraid to bench him if he even gets a whiff that Burrows is starting to go nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Maybe one shouldn't be shoving ones glove in the mouth of another hungry player?
Touche. Let's hope Burrows doesn't run into any low blood sugar moments this tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Marc Savard bit Tucker and Carcillo. Ruutu bit Peters. Sorry to blow your argument up like that.

If I do highlights for this, I'm going to put in random Burrows stuff just to spite you Burrows haters.
I have no memory of these events. Do you have links?