View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 08:21 PM
womenshockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
what exactly is wrong here? yeah, most chl players don't go on to play pro. most ahl players don't go on to the nhl. yes, the level of play in the ahl is higher. that doesn't mean its more exciting or better to watch. its largely boring robots who are dying to get out of st.john's.

i saw claude giroux, who might be the best player in the world right now. i saw kris letang. i saw jacob voracek. a year earlier, we would have seen sidney crosby. with a q team now, we'd see nathan mckinnon, though st.john's hockey fans have no idea who he is and wouldn't care to see him.

that's not true at all, but obviously can't be proven either way.

its just weird that st.john's seems to be the only city in canada where the ahl is incredibly popular. everyone else like junior hockey much better. there's a reason we see junior hockey on tv almost weekly, we see the entire memorial cup, and we see the wjc.

the ahl isn't on the radar anywhere.
Agreed 100 percent and here's another hockey fan in the St. John's Metro Area who would've rathered a Q team as well.

IceCapsFanNL we know the level of play is higher but that doesn't make it more exciting. As for the players that I saw the ones that Frankie mentioned are great examples not to mention Fog Devils expansion cousins Saint John are in the Q finals for the second straight year and we will see a few of their graduates take to the ice tomorrow night at Mile One Centre as Alex Grant, Zach Sill and Simon Despres played for the Sea Dogs. Where were you the night Luke Adam lit up the ice for four goals? I was there. Were you?

Frankie have to disagree about Garth Murray though. Imo he should be wearing the captains C instead of Jaffray. Don't forget too to add the late Luc Bourdon and current IceCap Patrice Cormier to the list that we saw when they were in the Q.

Last edited by womenshockeyfan: 04-30-2012 at 08:29 PM.
womenshockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote