Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 500
Nail Yakupov general discussion thread

Continue here.

Last few posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
I'm pretty sure i saw the "championship belt" celebration in there. Gotta pick him for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
I get a good laugh out of it. I remember posts last year how the Oilers tanked at the wrong time and was missing out on the real prize Yakupov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum View Post
Making things up? Go back to Dan Tencer's Inside Sports Podcasts- there is an interview with Larionov in which he claims that Edmonton has yet to contact him after they won the lottery.

Bob Stauffer went into damage control mode when the Oilers PR machine informed him that they had spoken to Yakupov's other agent.

Again, the optics of this are not very good. I hear repeatedly that Tambo and Lowe have a good repertoire with Larionov, but in that interview with Tencer he did not sound overly impressed.

You don't think his primary client Yakupov would pick up on that?

So....I hold my party line. Chapter 2 "How to Woo your first overall selection"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
And the first chapter of your books is Chapter 1 "Making a mountain out of nothing"
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Well Yakupov did put up RNH like numbers a year earlier in his junior career than did RNH, mind u hes only slightly younger than hopkins..still I will go on record saying rnh will score more points in his career than the previous five number one picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Nilsson View Post
I wonder how other scouts compare him to last year's draft picks? Blue Bullet said he might not even have him in his top 5 in 2011.. hopefully he's the only one.

It would be nice if he turns out as good as Hall and Eberle.
Quote:
Further that point:

Can someone please explain this idea that you have to de-value the consensus first overall pick? Edmonton has repeatedly done this over the past three years. They are doing it again this year with Tambo's presser and his discussion of Yakupov.

I understand that they are trying to drum up interest in the NHL with trade propositions, but I can't help but think they are damaging relations with their first overall pick.

In some ways, I appreciate the NFL draft model to the first overall pick. Andrew Luck? Yes, the Colts organization want him and our thrilled at the prospect of selecting him.

Would it not be refreshing to hear Tambo step forward and make a statement like that?
Quote:
I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't crack the top 5 in 2011. Yakupov broke Stamkos' scoring record in his junior year. He then loses his centre in Galchenyuk and still maintains the same scoring rate.

Put him on a line with RNH and watch him win the Calder. He is a better finisher than Hall and has a better one-timer than Eberle. Ebs has shown pure golden touch when he settles the puck, but look at Yakupov's one timer goals. The Russian may be a better finisher for the Nuge.