View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
its just weird that st.john's seems to be the only city in canada where the ahl is incredibly popular.

the ahl isn't on the radar anywhere.
Manitoba was pretty happy with the AHL while they had it. They were always in the top 3 in attendance. Seemed pretty popular there.

Quote:
in junior, the players are typically there for 4 years. there's no parent team to be called up to, no parent team calling the shots. that's the difference.
They are there for four years because they can't play in the AHL, not because they necessarily want to be in the CHL. I'd bet any of those guys would take a job in the AHL in a heartbeat over a CHL team if they were given the choice. At the very least, they would make more money in the AHL.

Quote:
you must not have been looking. i listed some of the current nhlers, and some star nhlers, that played here in the q. oddly enough, you could add the jets' current starting goalie to that list.
Who you could also have seen in the AHL for a couple seasons. Along with Kari Lehtonen, Braydon Coburn, MA Fleury, Max Talbot, Pecca Rinne, Claude Giroux, and whole host of other future NHL'ers. What's your point?