View Single Post
Old
04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
There's no set way to handle injuries, but I think you've laid it out pretty fairly.

Question though, where'd you come across Hitchman being slow? I've read a lot about how he never rushed the puck, but nothing about his skating.

The only thing I could find was an article after he retired calling him a "hard-hitting, fast-skating defensemen."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6623,7540935
Honesty, just based off ATD canon. Lester Patrick at one point criticized "blockers," who were big, slow-moving defensive defensemen who did nothing but stand in front of his own goal, blocking forwards from getting to it. Patrick predicted such players would become obsolete.

I think we just assumed Hitchman was that type of player, partly because most of his praise was about how "hard to get around" he was.

Seems like that might have been inaccurate. I wouldn't put much into one single source, but it's not like Ive seen strong info the other way. (you should add that quote to his bio if you haven't already).

Hitchman doesn't appear to have anything in the way of puck skills, but based on what we have, skating doesn't seem to be an issue.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote