Thread: Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
IAMREALITY

vCash: 500
I saw a ton of great things to take away from this game. Unfortunately, there were also some bad things that may be more consequential in the long term. It will remain to be seen how much.

A few of the bad that concern me:

First and foremost, Lundqvist has been mediocre thus far. No biggie, he's the greatest goalie in the world and hopefully works through it. But it was his interview that kinda had me a bit nervous. He just seemed, well, rattled. I know he gets upset after losses but I haven't seen him quite like this so far this season or postseason. Just seemed rattled. I'm crossing my fingers he gets over that quickly.

The second thing is that though we dominated so often, we were victims of just plain sloppiness. That's just unacceptable at this time of year. Sloppy play is almost certainly going to lose you the hockey game.

The third thing, assist aside, Gaborik didn't score... Again. Every game that goes by that he doesn't score compounds the problem imho.

The fourth, is that we now have the pressure to win in Washington. Playing Washington in Washington is going to be the toughest challenge we've faced yet. If we don't bring our A game then we're gonna find ourselves back in the Garden down 3 games to 1.

Ok, so all that aside, I think we did do a lot of things right. What remains to be seen is if the bad becomes irrelevant after a strong, consistent and winning performance on Wednesday. All I'm gonna tell myself from now until then is that I have to have faith in my boys; my blue blood warriors. Here's to hoping we all go to bed with smiles on our faces after another game 3 victory.