Thread: Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 12:37 AM
nyrfan519

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Not once. Ever. It's why I look to the heavens each time and say "are you friggin kidding me?? Again???".

I've thought about the buying a block of home games in a row (not all 41, mind you, but a good chunk) but it's tough to do as a single dad to two young boys. But someone else told me all I have to do is get one win and the cycle is broken. I want to know what it feels like to celebrate a win at the Garden... To see the salute...

What's worse, is that not only have I gone 0-27, but the overwhelming majority of those games were ones in which we didn't just lose, but played mediocre at best giving the crowd little to cheer at. This is the first year since I started liking the Rangers at the age of 13 that I didn't even go to one game. I came so close to pulling the trigger this year because of how well we were doing, but I kept thinking no, that'll be the one game we lose etc. I literally fear going now, because I feel like one more time with one more loss would just make my head explode. It's hard to explain. Hell, the streak is hard to explain.

The funniest part to me is that I first made light of it when I was about 22, and my streak got to 0-10. It was beyond believable then, and I vividly remember conversations in my old party house, stoned off my ass, saying how there's no way it could go on much longer and that I know we'll win one of the next couple games I go to. Fast forward 14 years later and I'm approaching 0-30. I should probably call Guinness at this point, and see if MSG doesn't keep some record somewhere (or ticketmaster) of all the tickets I've purchased to corroborate lol.
This is unreal. Man. I feel for ya. I have an opposite kind of streak...I've been to about 13 games since the lockout (all but two at the Garden) and they've won every time. I need to go to more games but I don't live close to NY anymore.

What if we both went to the same game? Something would have to give.