View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Banana View Post
Rankel, the player in your avatar, plays for Berlin? I just assumed you were a fan of his team.

Oddly, this seems to be the general perception outside of Augsburg that Endras is bad at shootouts. It´s simply not true. He is at the very least an average goalie when it comes to shootouts. He may have been bad in the recent shootouts, i don´t know. But in his time in Augsburg, he would literally steal 2/3 of all shootouts.

You haven´t seen him for 2 or 3 years? You missed some great performances.

Mauer:
Ah ok thx. Now I know what you meant. But I can asure you I am not ******** about that. Those were some amazing games by Endras back then. And while I would have preferred the Eisbären to win, it was clear that Augsburg deserved it.
I like the Eisbären but I would not call myself a fan, since I am not fanatic about it.

I did not really mean to bash Endras, it is just that I really could not remember a good performance by him in a shootout (on the national team in recent years). I am actually quite happy, that you point out the fact he did well in shootouts in Augsburg because I have now a little more confidence going into the tournament. Of course even if he makes some great saves in shootouts we will still need some of the other players to score, otherwise the whole point is going to be moot.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote