View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 06:52 AM
nexttothemoon
10 again

vCash: 50
I've wanted Yakupov on the Oilers for the last 2 years ever since I saw him play for the first time. All the talk this year about team needs... top dman or #2 centre... I participated in those discussions and threw my two bits in because it looked as though they were in the running for a late lotto pick at best and no chance at #1.

Galchenyuk/Grigorenko vs Murray/Dumba (and 3 or 4 other dmen in the conversation as well) was discussed endlessly... but all along... several times I said the best case scenario and the dead easy choice was just simply winning the lottery and picking the clear BPA... Yakupov.

I have ZERO doubt in my mind he's EASILY the best pick of the last THREE drafts... and if really pushed I would say he could be as good as Stamkos but that's greedy to compare him at this point to a 60 goal scorer.

Only time will tell that tale of course... but honestly this guy is golden. Watch him play and perform. He's got "IT". Not every decent prospect has that special factor... he DOES.

Trade this guy away at your peril Tamblowe. The guy will be dynamite on this team and give them scoring depth that they absolutely DO NOT HAVE and that they desperately NEED.

I don't care if people say I'm over-hyping him. He's the BPA and it's not close. It's scary that he'll get even better and he already has one of the best shots I've seen and he's not even in the NHL yet.

Other teams and scouts can rank and rate him anywhere they want to. I've seen him and know he's the real deal. Take him and be grateful he's here to score for the Oilers for many years to come. Trade him and watch him get 50+ goals for another team.

Yes there are a few players that might be worth trading him for... a signed Weber... and a few other "untradeables". Forget all that.. just pick the guy and watch him gel with the rest of the youth movement on the Oilers.

This is the pick of destiny. You don't win 3 #1 picks in a row... against all odds... and then go screw that up by NOT picking the clear BPA every damned time. Fate has given the Oilers this pick on their plate... they crap on this and they deserve what they get.