View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
marcel snapshot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
* what is your take on how ovechkin will respond to being a weapon only deployed offense is needed?
I think that's mostly a next year problem, and I don't think the reins will be quite so tight during the regular season (I also don't think Dale's coming back). For now, Ovy appears to have accepted the way his minutes are being managed for the good of the team. Good on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
the clear uncertainty of the long term damage that might be done by lineup useage is what is causing the teeth gnashing. if you dont care if 8 is on the team next season, then you have nothing to fret over.
I don't see any "long term damage" being done. We're trying to win in the playoffs, and instead of Dale getting in Ovi's ear about what he's not doing defensively (which fugged up Ovi and got Bruce fired), he's accepting Ovi for what he is right now and not getting pissed off at him for not playing like a Selke Trophy candidate -- which is probably a lot better for Ovi's confidence. I think Ovi is more likely to pick up his defensive game by being treated this way, than he would by having the coaches up in his ear "exhorting" him to play differently.