View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 11:43 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
I think that's mostly a next year problem, and I don't think the reins will be quite so tight during the regular season (I also don't think Dale's coming back). For now, Ovy appears to have accepted the way his minutes are being managed for the good of the team. Good on him.

I don't see any "long term damage" being done. We're trying to win in the playoffs, and instead of Dale getting in Ovi's ear about what he's not doing defensively (which fugged up Ovi and got Bruce fired), he's accepting Ovi for what he is right now and not getting pissed off at him for not playing like a Selke Trophy candidate -- which is probably a lot better for Ovi's confidence. I think Ovi is more likely to pick up his defensive game by being treated this way, than he would by having the coaches up in his ear "exhorting" him to play differently.
thats one way of looking at it. ov's down with it.

knuble said it very well. ov and the team can work it out after the season. its not changing in the playoffs.

its about winning and not about one player's feelings is just fine in the moment. its more complicated when the player has 10 more years on a contract. if all you are worried about is this playoffs and could careless if there is a trainwreck afterward, thats a good way to look at it.