View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
I'm not sure I agree with that logic.

You're still relying on Semin, Backstrom and Green to do the lion's share of work beyond Ovechkin. I think Semin and Green are inherently flawed parts in the playoffs. I think the verdict is out on Green, and I'm certain he doesn't provide the offense. I also think the top 6 on both of those teams is significantly better. Flash, Sergei, Kozlov, etc, were all better than the miscasts they have out there at times.

While I think the bottom 6 has gotten better, I'm not sure I completely buy it. Though Gordon and Steckel have had cameos as decent 2 way forwards with a good faceoff percentage. Heck, Gordon's been a complete shutdown menace in the past. Bradley for all his warts put on a decent effort in the first NY series. Cooke was here. Few others with servicable talents. I certainly would agree that the defense is upgraded, though Wideman and Schultz are still poor. I still think that if you take Carlson or Alzner from the bunch, they're a stack of cards. You also should note that Erskine has been one of the better playoff defenders on this roster in the last few seasons.

Yet, I wonder if some of what they're able to do is not as much a result of Hunter catering to his grinders strength and helping to make the defense better.