View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 01:06 PM
cyclones22

vCash: 500
Perhaps it's my Kings colored glasses speaking, but I always thought the Kings stood a good chance versus the Blues. Very similar in makeup but, the Blues were smarter in firing their coach sooner. Had DL done the same, the Kings certainly finish with higher than 100 points and win the division easily.

The Blues had the benefit of acclimating to their new coach sooner and had complete buy-in earlier. Now, the Kings are buying in and the results are similar to the Blues. When you have two teams who have similar levels of buy-in to their systems, what's the differentiator assuming all else being equal? High end talent. The Kings have more of it. It's something we've lamented for years on how Kopi needed more help, and now he has it. The Blues are talented, but I would not switch rosters with them.

This ain't over, the Kings still need to work as hard as the Blues to finish them off, but in the end, I like our chances because of guys like Kopi, Richards, Carter, Quick and Doughty. Having that kind of dynamic talent on the roster helps when the styles are similar.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote