Thread: Speculation: Draft Picks this Summer/Draft
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster View Post
So, anyway, going back to our first rounder. Do you guys agree that we need to draft Sebastian Colberg? Amazing speed, and great hands. He would be great with Matt Nieto in the future.
It depends on what else they do. If they move their expendable pro assets for enough draft picks that it allows them to move up for someone they want, that's fine. If not, I feel they need to move out of the first round for more selections. To me, it's either move into the top ten or get out of the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Sorry for appearing clueless, but are the Sharks drafting at #15? Thanks.
They are not. From my understanding of the rules, they can pick 16, 17, or 18. Florida does have less points than the Sharks but as a division winner, they can only go as low as 21st and since they have been eliminated, that is where they will draft.

Quote:
Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.
The 15th pick is the Ottawa Senators as they have the fewest points of any team in the playoffs and won't be going to the conference finals. The Sharks are currently 18th because the Capitals (16th) and Kings (17th) have not made it to the conference finals yet. If they do, the Sharks move up.

Last edited by Pinkfloyd: 05-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.