Thread: Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part II)
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
SouthSwe

vCash: 500
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...g-till-vidare/

Google translate:

Färjestads JVM winner Jonas Brodin, 18, passed the final screening for the World Championships.
He can now take place next to NHL defenders like Niklas Kronwall, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson.

- It is really good d's and it's players like them u have watched over the years, says Brodin to HockeyExpressen.se.
Five D's plus Staffan Kronwall. It may be the head coach Pär Mårts selection for the World Cup premiere against Norway.

When thinning the squad after the loss against US Färjestads Jonas Frögren was taken away. HIFK's Daniel Fernholm and MoDo's Jonas Ahnelöv were the other two D's that were removed from the Tre Kronor World Cup squad, which now consists of eight D's, including five NHL players and KHL player Staffan Kronwall.

18-year-old Jonas Brodin still have a chance. Brodin still remains as does Brynäs Mattias Ekholm.

- It's been the most fun ever to be part of this and to play these games, says Brodin about the games before the World Championships.
- I think the first two, Switzerland Matches, I didn't really play my game. But in the Czech Republic, I think I played well. Although today was an okay match.
- You have to look at what D's are here. I have shown what Im capable of, I can't do anything else, says Jonas Brodin, who seems to be developing for each match he plays with Tre Kronor.

He almost never make mistakes, and he lifts his game when the tempo is turned up.

- You learn a lot to be with these guys. And when you've been here for a while u get quicker as the pace is faster than in SEL, says Jonas Brodin.

Last edited by SouthSwe: 05-01-2012 at 04:55 PM.