Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Blues @ Kings 5/3/12
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
No reason to mess with anything. Tough break for Clifford but he is 20 and has a long career ahead of him. But DS can't mess with anything, all 4 lines are playing tremendous.

- I thought King had a strong game last night, as did his entire line.

- On Penner and Stoll. Yes they had awful seasons and are suddenly playing better, great for them and the team. Might there be some financial motivation? Yes, but who cares. If these guys help us make a deep run and some teams offer them contracts similar to what they had, you say thanks for stepping up when it mattered and good luck for your new teams. As Penner and Stoll continue to play so well in the playoffs their regular seasons become a memory. I have been critical of both but hats off to them, I'd rather have guys who step up in May than guys who look like all-stars in October then stop caring like Captain Puke.

-Dustin Brown has raised his game to such an insane level and it's great to see. I always liked him as a player but I had doubts if he would ever be this good, but he is playing like a superstar right now, in all 3 zones and in all situations. Wish he was on the #1 PP unit but that's a debate for another time.

- Said a bunch of times we need Richards to step up and play like he has in the past. That goal was enormous. The arena went from jumping to absolutely silent, so much so they had to pipe in a "Let's Go Blues" chant but you could tell they knew they were in for a long night.

Well I am on my phone and this sucks. I have more to say about being at the game and will post later. Let's just say the whining and excuses didnt stop on these boards. Petro is a great player but my god you would have thought they lost half their team.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote