Thread: Speculation: Draft Picks this Summer/Draft
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
glasgow26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It's them going off of what the scouts are telling them that has given them the history that they have in those areas of the draft. What it means is that you can trust the information you get from them, for the most part, with regards to the top ten and the post-first round gems. And to me, there is more value for this organization with what they have and what they lack, for them to move back and acquire more youth. If they can turn that 16, 17, or 18th pick into three 2nd rounders, I think they should do that because they'll get three chances at a Vlasic/McGinn/Nieto/Carle/Cheechoo. Will they hit on all of them? Probably not but the Sharks are in a position where quantity of prospects is better for them than quality...give or take.
I think you're right, and I think this is exactly what DW and his staff are planning. They'll have a small list of players that they want, and if one of those players is still available when we pick, they'll take that player. If they're all gone, they'll either trade out of the first round completely or trade back a few spots and pick up an extra 2nd rounder. I think DW trading back is much more likely than him trading up.