View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

vCash: 500
Went to my first Skate and Shoot today and it was a blast! Only a few people on the ice so I had plenty of room to myself.

I shot at the board quite a few times and although most of the pucks went straight into the kick plate, I managed to get a pretty lift on a fair amount of them!

Also worked on my saucer pass and boy is that easier than I thought it would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduga View Post
Own it. I intentionally flopped on my stomach in front of everyone three strides off the bench Just to get it out of the way.

If you're like i was when i started (a few months ago) there's zero point in prolonging the inevitable. You're going to eat-*****. A lot, if you're trying hard enough. Sometimes it hurts enough that the last thing you need to go with your bruised hips and sore back is wounded pride.

Half of learning to skate is learning to love the tactile feedback of gravity. The first half of the journey to finding your ouside edge is a cold, hard trail that you dive into with your arms flailing and slide down on your rear end.

Embrace the reality of falling. Go out there and ditch yourself like a champ.
THIS! I only started skating a month and a half ago, and probably on average twice a week, and I've progressed a lot quicker than I thought I would and would have never progressed this fast if I was afraid to fall. I probably fall 1-4 times every time I go to public skates because I am pushing myself so hard to improve (this is also because I don't sharpen my blades enough for how hard I'm skating, but still...)

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Only once did anyone give me any **** for falling (besides my friends, but that's what friends are for...) and it was a group of 8 year olds. No one with any sense of maturity are going to judge you for going hard and falling.

GO OUT AND FALL!

B2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote