View Single Post
Old
05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Radulov seems to be taking more heat than Akost?
I think that's because many people in this fan base--me included, to some degree--were wary of having Radulov back in the first place. We wanted to forgive him for ditching us a couple years ago, but we hadn't forgotten...we were all keeping a close eye on him, and now this?

AK, on the other hand, is a trade deadline acquisition that we all knew might end up being only a rental anyway. Not as much emotional attachment to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
You guys are willingly going to suspend two of your top forwards? The Coyotes will gladly take it. You've just weakened your offense over something that could have been dealt with once the playoffs are over. Perhaps the coach could have fined the two or talked to them, but suspending them right now is basically giving the Coyotes a free pass to the next round.

I'm not sure how you guys could be proud of this. If anything, it sets up an early elimination. Right now is not the time to discipline players, especially if you want to win. The Flyers waited until the off-season to address their problems because Richards and Carter were essential to their success during the playoffs. They overlooked it for their 2010 Stanley Cup run, as well as the year after. A 3-0 series deficit will be difficult to recover from, and taking out two of your biggest offensive weapons will make it that much easier for the Coyotes to win tomorrow.

The players may be at fault for being undisciplined, but management is at fault for taking them out when the team needs to win.
It makes me kinda sad how many people completely forget what integrity means. There are things in life more important than winning. People are proud of this because we've bought into our team's system, and we support them for upholding team values above all else.

Besides, I disagree that this situation makes us more likely to lose tomorrow. I think it's the opposite: this will be a galvanizing moment for us, where we go back to playing Predators hockey. And when we do it, we'll have EVERYONE on the ice totally committed to the team. Instead of having two prima donnas doing whatever they want while the rest of the team is resentful about it, and having all our scratched guys stop working hard because hard work means nothing anymore.

Disagree with it if you want. But it's the Predator way, and I think I speak for most fans when I say we embrace it.