View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue View Post
YES I would but as I mentioned I would need a face to face with Staal's camp to know what his intentions are. Perhaps take the step of drafting Yakupov on Pittsburgh's behalf and make the move on July 2nd for an extended Staal.

And the question of if Staal will be 'as good' as Yakupov is a little vague, no?

Will Yakupov put up more points? Yes. Is he going to be a better player? Unlikely. Will he be as consistant of a performer for as long as Staal? Unlikely. Does he fit the make up of THIS team as well as a guy like Staal? NO.

But then again I also don't think Yakupov is going to be what people here are predicting, I certainly don't think that adding a player of his ilk solves the issues that plague this team and I think that Staal does.

It takes more than putting up points to win a championship.
Just as an aside, don't know if this is entirely relevant, but I'd think since the draft is happening in Pittsburgh and the crowd had nigh to cheer for during the first round - if you let them know we'll draft for them (stealing their thunder) and then trade said draft pick to Pittsburgh the day after for a crowd favourite Jordan Staal, the organizations involved plus the players may be quite pissed off.

Also, no to the trade, only because he's UFA in one year as of now.