Old
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Is his QO a raise? I thought we were going on and on about how we didn't have to give him a raise and that for some reason we could qualify him at a mil or something like that. I could be wrong

Considering his first injury was a fluke and this is from blocking a shot in the wrong spot, then yes, I'm not going to give much credence to his injuries.

Mitchell was played as a third liner through much of the regular season. I'm pretty sure he has one year left on his contract and we're not resigning him anyway. I guess you're right, it's up to Torts, but if Torts values John Mitchell more than MZA then I strongly disagree with him. I also think Tort's mancrush on certain players has hurt us in certain situations, like giving Boyle significantly more minutes than Arty last game when Arty was clearly having a better game, it's really one of my only criticisms of him, so i'm saying simply what I think is the right thing to do.

Nobody's saying he's Dave Andreychuk. But he's a guy who had a .5 PPG pace in his first season, and his defensive "deficiencies" are blown way out of proportion. WAY out of proportion. He's a talented player that should be playing on a team that lacks talent.
All players who are RFA receive a QO (with a raise) in order for the team to retain that player's rights. If the Rangers don't offer him a QO, he becomes a UFA.

I think Anisimov has been pretty terrible all season. So I can't fault Torts for playing Boyle more because when AA isn't scoring, Boyle does more.

You can look at his .5 PPG last year but the majority of those points didn't come on the power play.